Friday, August 2, 2013

Putting it all together

Siphon Spirit was originally a game-in-a-day project.  Since it turned out alright and we didn't like where Darkened Dreams 2 was going, we decided to just continue on with it.  As time went on we would add new things, polish other things, and it slowly turned into the game that we have today.  This is all sorts of problematic on the code side of things.  For instance, Peter wanted to have some images in the background.  Then he wanted to be able to have it vanish if it was connected to an orb.  Then he wanted cutscenes.  Then he wanted to have images that would appear and vanish based on things that were happening in the level.

Now that I'm taking a hard look at how the levels are put together, I noticed that I had several ways to display images, and they were mostly the exact same.  I took about a week to merge them all into a single object in code and make the screen for images in the editor.  I'm pretty happy with it.  Just a few more things before the editor is fully usable!

No comments:

Post a Comment